Makerspace is an open innovation laboratory designed to foster positive values and develop dispositions for creativity and innovation through research and exploration, idea conceptualization and development, communication, working with materials and tools in response to needs identified. These spaces are also helping kids to prepare the critical 21st century skills in the fields of science, technology, engineering arts and math (STEAM).
Makerspace contains six functional areas:
- Main Function Hall:Teaching,coaching,learning,sharing and events
- Cozy Corner:Cozy corner for team interaction and idea thinking
- Reading Corner:Mini Library for self-study and research
- Material Storage:Materials,electronics parts and precessing consumables storage
- Fabrication Area:Workbench,digital and general tools
- Product Exhibit:Physical item or Poster display as best practice for sharing